Pack Committee Friends of Scouting (FoS) Chair
Responsibilities: The Pack Committee Friends of Scouting (FoS) Chair's job is to
Some councils and packs rely heavily on units to raise Friends of Scouting (FOS) funds. The two main fundraisers with Pack 241 is Trail's End Popcorn in the Fall and Camp Cards at the beginning of the year. The following functions need to be performed:
- Build an organization to enroll family members and Cub Scout leaders in FOS.
- Enroll as a Friend of Scouting.
- For every five families in the pack, recruit one person as an enroller.
- Attend an FOS kickoff meeting.
- Enroll each enroller as a Friend of Scouting.
- Train enrollers.
- Conduct report meetings.
- Follow up until all FOS cards have been accounted for.
- Give recognition to contributors and enrollers.
- Work closely with the pack committee on public relations for FOS.