Ground Rules & Competition
1. The race is open to all Cub Scouts registered in Pack 241 along with Alumni Scouts. Siblings may enter in a separate division. Akelas (Leaders & Parents) will make up the fourth division. Kits can be purchased for $5.00.
2. Each scout/alumni/sibling/akela may enter only one car in the competition. Several cars may be constructed but only one may be registered and raced.
3. The car must have been built during the current year (the school year in which the Derby is held). Cars that have competed in a previous Derby are not permitted.
4. Competition will consist of a full track of cars for each race. (We have a two lane track.) Each Scout will race his car in two different heats. Once on each side of the track. The fastest time will be kept.
5. If a car jumps the track, the race will be run again. If the same car jumps the track a second time, that car will automatically lose that race.
6. If a car leaves its lane and interferes with another car, the race will be run again. If the same car leaves its lane a second time and interferes with another car, the interfering car will automatically lose that race.
7. If a car becomes damaged and can be repaired in a reasonable amount of time (a few minutes), the race will be run again. If not, the damaged car will
automatically lose that race.
8. Only race officials and scouts participating in the current race may enter the track area. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please help to keep the boys and siblings away from the track and behind the the marked areas.