Wearing the Uniform
In general, every Cub Scout should wear his Class A Uniform to all Cub Scouting activities, including den and pack meetings, unit outings, and any activities done with members of the den or pack.
When playing sports, going to camp, or participating in other physical activities, a pack may opt to have the Cub Scouts wear an alternate uniform, such as an activity shirt. These are sometimes referred to as Class B Uniforms. Pack leaders should provide advance notice of any occasion when the boys should wear anything other than the complete uniform.
Class B T-shirts can be purchased from the pack for $10. See Nicole if you would like to purchase one. Adult XXL size run a little more.
Here are some tips for wearing the uniform:
- DO keep the uniform clean and in good repair. The official uniform is a sturdy, machine-washable garment that will last for years with proper care.
- DO be sure to wear the complete uniform. A Cub Scout wearing a uniform with parts missing is not in uniform.
- DO NOT wear non-BSA badges, awards, or insignia on the Cub Scout uniform or make any alterations to the uniform or insignia. You cub will earn / receive many patches that are not BSA patches. A scout vest or keep sake scout blanket can be purchased to put these on or we suggest creating and keeping a scrapbook.
- DO NOT mix uniform parts with non-uniform clothing, such as wearing a uniform cap with other clothing or wearing the uniform shirt with blue jeans. The uniform should be treated as a unit—worn in its entirety, or not at all.
Camping Events: The Class A Uniform (shirt / kerchief) should be worn to the event and when leaving the event. If the event spans over Sunday, then The Class A shirt / kerchief should be worn to any religious gathering / service offered.
- Suggestion - Put a T-shirt on under the Class A shirt so once your scout has arrived at the camp site he can take off his Class A shirt / kerchief. Pack a hanger so you can hang it up inside your tent to keep it neat and clean. A Pack 241 "Class B" T-shirt can be purchased from the pack. Talk to the Committee Chair or the Treasurer.
- Suggestion, keep a small container or zip lock bag to put your son's neckerchief slide, pins, Webelos Color etc. in. This will keep all the parts together.
Any time you are uncertain about uniform regulations, ask the den leader for guidance.